Monday, August 28, 2023

Brazilian Embroidery Day.....Beaded Instead

 This morning was BE meeting day. I arrived after Cindy. Then Sandy came in with my ice tea. Cindy bought us breakfast from McD's. Mine is always sausage biscuit (sp). We had a good meeting. Alice arrived and we chatted for awhile. 

I decided to work on my last set of angels for my third ornament. I was able to get this one done. I have one more to do and then I can start another. I think I'm going to do the gold wings again. I do like them. I will have to change a couple things in the pattern to get them done right. 

I stopped at the church before going to drop off 2 quilts. Then I came back after our meeting and picked up the one they had. They gave back the thread and said it was awful. It was the same one that Debbie had trouble with and we are throwing it out. It was donated from Superior Threads too! It didn't have a good mark on it. So, no clue what kind of thread they gave. 

I stopped at Sunbirds on the way home to pick up some fishing wire that would work for my beading. I bought about 148 yards for 3 cents a yard. I'm going to try it out and see if it works. The poor guy was trying to figure out how to wind all that wire onto "something" other than a fishing reel. It was almost comical. I did end up with a reel, but they couldn't find the child's reel it went into. I got that part free. I spend $4 for the wire. Now I just need to try it out for beading. If it works, I'm game. I think he gave me 8 lbs and not the 6 lbs. We'll see. 

Came home and went out walking with Ron. I wasn't feeling great after about 5 loops. So, I came to get a protein shake so I could continue. Patrick told me I should have stayed in. I didn't want to. Plus I only had 2 more to go. I finished it out and came in. 

Still not feeling 100% and I'm heading to bed early. Will listen to my book for about an hour and call it finished. My day was Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Yet Another Busy Day

This morning, I went walking with Ron while Patrick went golfing. We actually did 4 laps. The work working on the neighbors roof, so we hear...