Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Heat Reached 107 Degrees Today UGH

This morning we were up and Patrick noticed Ron out walking. So, I went to join him. He was just getting started. at 93 years old he does pretty good. We were only able to go 5 loops today. He was sweating and I gave him the water I had out by the post box just in case I needed it. That did help him. We stopped in the shade for awhile a couple times. Judy our other neighbor joined us and we walked together for one loop. I followed her to her house and then came home to make up for the little bit I missed with Ron. 

Came in the house and we got a few things done. Then by noon we headed downstairs. It was 80 degrees at noon. Our area gets the full heat between 2-5 pm. 


 An hour later it was at 107. UGH  We stayed downstairs and will be heading to upstairs to sleep. I seem to be sleeping pretty good when it's hot but not too hot. Patrick said I wasn't snoring when it's that hot. 😍

I worked on a few things. I asked Debbie how it was going at the fair. She had the afternoon shift. She said it was slow and she didn't have a lot of interest. She did have one gal say she's interested in joining our group. So, we will see how that goes. She has my information and Debbie took hers. We will give that to Connie to work on. I don't follow through very well. 


I had only the first 4 rows done on this when I went back to working on it. This is the 2nd angel in the 3rd ornament. I will have to do one more set as well. I'm going to take the beads with me tomorrow and work on them at the fair. I may be lucky and get another one done. 

My brother asked if we could get together with some of the family Friday night. He wanted to know if Kylee and Derek could stay with us. I told him they could but they need to call and ask. He wanted me to ask. I told him if they want to stay here they need to call me. I'm not going to call them. I don't have their contact information. So, it looks like my brother wants to see us after all. 

I had a great day of relaxing and enjoying the cool air downstairs. That's what makes it easier to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


No comments:

Yet Another Busy Day

This morning, I went walking with Ron while Patrick went golfing. We actually did 4 laps. The work working on the neighbors roof, so we hear...