Tuesday, August 15, 2023

First Day Of The SWW Fair - And We Hit 106 Degrees

 This morning Patrick went golfing. I just stayed home to enjoy the day. Yeah NOT! I went for a walk at 10 am when it was 72 degrees. I was able to get one loop in when Ron came out to try to walk 2 loops with me. He was having trouble with his back and just got back from the doctors. He's going to get x-rays soon. I then took one more loop and called it done. It was way to hot for me to be able to go for another loop. I don't do heat well, so it's better I don't. 

Patrick was given a list for Safeway, so after golfing he went shopping. He said it was hot out there. When he got home the back of his legs are red. I do believe he burned his legs. They are still red, but at least he didn't put long pants on. That would make it worse. 

I listened to my book by Nora Roberts. I finished it and put the last book on hold. I listened to another "witch" story by Danielle Garrett. They are fun to listen to. 

I was waiting on Debbie to come. She dropped off a quilt that has the binding stitched down and I gave her a quilt that needs the binding sewn down. We talked for awhile. After she left, I helped Patrick put the food away. He picked up some cold chicken from Walmart. He had to go get a few more things. He decided not to go to Safeway since he had a few things he needed at Walmart. At least he went, because I don't go to Walmart unless it's absolutely necessary. 

My day was spent downstairs working on my beading. I know I should have worked on another quilt top, but didn't. Mom sent a photo of the display at the fair. 

Susy Carpenter was there with mom. They opened up the table. It looks great. The quilt behind them is Kristi's quilt. The other three quilts are on the posts to the left and right. I wish they would have displayed 2 of them fully open. Oh, well. They did have 176 quilts this year. 

I finished the first set of the 3rd ornament. I'm doing pretty good this year! I will have enough to give a couple of them away. I will try to do one for my brother in law and Debbie for all she's done for me. So, I need another one after this. I'm getting there. 

I was sweating most of the day - and it's still 92 degrees in the house! - 98 degrees outside!! 

I worked on being Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

 

No comments:

Yet Another Busy Day

This morning, I went walking with Ron while Patrick went golfing. We actually did 4 laps. The work working on the neighbors roof, so we hear...