Wednesday, February 2, 2022

A Day At Mom's

 This morning I was up and out the door to the church. I picked up the quilt that I dropped off last month. Still waiting on the quilt I dropped off about 3 months ago. She did say we have another one. It looked a lot better this time. At least it wasn't a training quilt. 

I stopped and picked up coffee, and 2 teas. Got to moms by 10 am. Ended up with her working in the sewing room. I wanted to get her started on her cleaning but she got side tracked. - That always happens. When she finally decided to go into the bedroom to start going through her dresser, it was easy going. Hard to believe all the stuff she tucked under her clothes. We pulled all that out. Nancy had showed up before we got started, then went to get lunch and her meds. So, mom and I had about an hour to work on her stuff. When Nancy got back, we had lunch and then we pulled out moms boxes of unfinished quilts. 


Of course Daisy had to get in the middle of it. Those flowers are moms designs. She had another 17 - 9 patches that were done. So, she has enough for 2 quilts. She's decided on how she will finish them and decided she will do that tomorrow. There was another box that she pulled out and we decided what she would do with that set of blocks. She's going to have at least 3 quilts done if she does what we talked about. 

I then went to Papa Murphy's to pick up another pizza. Didn't tell Patrick I had pizza for lunch. I got a half and half pizza. I can't do pepperoni, so I had to get a veggie pizza. On the way home, I stopped a Phil's to give him the knitting (socks) that mom was working on, to give to Emily. AND I gave him the coffee grinds that I picked up. Of course, Patrick would have wanted those! I told him I'd get him more and not to worry. 

Got home and cooked the Pizza. Had supper and then pulled out the quilt that mom finished the binding on. I wanted to work on the label. 


Walked away from the quilt to do some other things, and found this when I came back to my chair! Sophie just has to be in on the quilting projects!

As usual, we didn't get much done at moms. It never goes the way it's planned. I only got 1 hour of her time to work on the stuff she wants me to help her with. Instead, it ended up being a day of mom being Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!


No comments:

Mom Turned 89 Today

 This morning, I was expecting mom to come over to do her laundry because of the machine being broke. I waited. Then I walked with Ron, and ...