Thursday, February 24, 2022

Presentation Day

 I was ready to head over! It's presentation day! First I had to get my bread ready so that Patrick could put it in the oven. Once that was done, I was ready to go. 

I arrived early for our presentation. I need to get a hold of the people that said they wanted to join, took fabric and never came back. I need to get that fabric back. 

We got everything lined up. We picked the quilts out for the veterans. It was fun getting the quilts out. I ended up taking 6 quilts to the museum to add to the list. We had more quilts come in as well. We have a lot going so far. I brought 2 quilts home that need labels. I will do that tomorrow. 

We had 5 awesome Veterans receiving quilts. They were: Otto Rabe, Army, Don Winsor, Navy, Michael Baker, USAF, David Cruz, Marine Corps, and Richard Gilham, USAF. (not in that order). We had an awesome time! They all loved their quilts. We also gave out a quilt and an afghan in a raffle. It was fun to give those away. 

Came home around 2:30 pm. We finished up the breads. They came out pretty good. I'm going to take one to moms tomorrow. 

Patrick went bowling and I worked on my genealogy. I was going to do other things, but ended up getting caught up in my genealogy. This time I worked on the MARVIN family. I still need to work on the organizing of the other file box. I will probably do that tomorrow. 

I wish I could count being at the museum giving away quilts as Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Mom Turned 89 Today

 This morning, I was expecting mom to come over to do her laundry because of the machine being broke. I waited. Then I walked with Ron, and ...