Friday, February 4, 2022

Quilting At Moms

 Today I was up and out the door. 

Arrived at moms after stopping at the pharmacy. They lost 3 pharmacists and where working with just one person. At least I was early enough that I was out of there in 30 mins. Had 3 people in front of me that took awhile. I was hoping to get in and out, but wasn't worried about it. 

When I arrived, Hildi and Ethel had just arrived. I didn't take anything to work on. I did take the quilts for Debbie as she was going to stop by. When everyone arrived, the door bell rang. First it was Debbie, then it was Georgie and last was Theresa. Debbie and Georgie stopped by to pick up or give me stuff. Theresa hadn't been with the group in awhile. She was at "death's door" not to long ago. She just came for coffee but ended up staying for lunch. Nancy and I were telling mom that if any more come, we will have to find a bigger place to have the meetings. Theresa was only supposed to come the first week of the month, but Hildi told her it was every Friday. She's planning on coming next week. I told everyone I wouldn't be there next week. So 2 of us won't make it which will keep it from getting too crowded. If it gets too big I will stop going, because I get tired of ending up with no where to sit. 

Nancy passed out her blocks for her friendship quilt. I decided to get started on it. 


I put the "skinny stems" on and then started with the leaves. There is 16 leaves in the block. I had 2 done and was getting started on the next one. I'm not sure about the placement of the leaves - color wise. I picked some colors from the bag and then decided I would pull one out of the bag as I go. I just hope it will look okay. It will be fun to see. I don't care for the yellow block as it's too yellow. 

Came home and cleaned up the kitchen. Patrick had the dishwasher done and had the place cleaned up pretty good already. I just washed the dishes he made when making his dessert. Then unloaded the dishwasher before cooking the meal. 

Tonight I wanted to play and get moving on the weekend game. I won't be able to play much tomorrow because of the presentation at noon. I will need to leave by 10:30 am and then won't be home till around 2 or 3. I just realized I need to get my outline of what I'm going to say. I will do that tomorrow. 

As it is, it turned out to be Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!


No comments:

Skipped A Day

Yesterday was one of those days, I didn't do anything but go to a movie. We didn't even walk, because of the weather.  The movie we ...