Tuesday, February 1, 2022

A Good Day To Be Quilting!

Today turned out pretty good. Really didn't have plans after Patrick went golfing. 

Debbie called and asked if she could come over to fit her blue with the blue we have for backgrounds. Told her to come on over. We went through the panels that we have. She took 3 and we put one on the floor to see if we could use a flag panel with the other flag panel. 


 So, we decided to cut the strips off the other flag panel. We can't have the actual flag in our quilts. And that was what those stripes had. Patrick looked it over when he got home and decided on this. 


Before he came home, I worked on putting the borders on this quilt. I had the white put on, but the blue border that Laura did, wasn't done quiet right. I didn't want to take it out, so I worked on straightening it out with the white border. I think it worked. I'll find out when it comes back. 

Then after Patrick gave me the "what to do, " I decided to go for it tonight. 


I was able to keep things straight, at least I hope so. 


It's now finished and ready to go to Connie. Patrick said it was a shame that we didn't have more of the stars or the stripes. It would have looked better with that on the bottom as well. It still looks good. I think the quilting will make it look better. This one is hard to figure out. That flag is a different color, so it's harder get fabrics that go with it. 

Once that was done, I was done. It was a great day of Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!


No comments:

Getting Back To My Sewing Room

This morning, I decided to get back to working on my quilting stuff.  First I needed to clear off my table top to make room for cutting. I t...