Saturday, February 5, 2022

Presentation Day - QOV

Because it was presentation day for Quilts of Valor, I really didn't do much in way of crafting. I took 4 quilts to be dropped off, another 3 quilts to go to our quilter. I left around 11:15 to be there early so I could get things in order. Chip and Sam where not there today, so I had to leave a message for Sam. 

Things started out with me running around making sure I fixed the certificates that we had. Then I had to get the quilts out on the table and give jobs to those who were there. We have so much that needs to be done, that I request all members to be an hour early. That doesn't always happen. 


One of the quilts was one I did. Debbie did three of them and then we had one by another member. Can't remember off hand who. Think it was our quilter - Connie Carter. 

These are our Veterans we honored. The two on the left are Father/Daughter. She was Army and he was Air Force. They were Hillary Sibley and Mel Gregorich. The other three are Mark McLaughlin, Archie Curtis and Dwight Trager. 

This was an awesome group to do! I love doing these presentations! Told Nancy to go ahead and get three more presentations set up as we have the quilts. We are about thirty veterans behind. This way we can get them done and get moving. I need to do a couple more tops. I will try and work on one this week. I also need to take panels to Connie as she wants to do some of those as well. I will order more panels when I get the chance. 

It turned out to be an awesome day for our veterans and our group! I love doing this for the veterans. 

I had more fun giving quilts away then being Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Mom Turned 89 Today

 This morning, I was expecting mom to come over to do her laundry because of the machine being broke. I waited. Then I walked with Ron, and ...