Saturday, February 12, 2022

More Of A Baking Day

 This morning I overslept. Didn't bother Patrick. He did wake me up when he went to get some pills in the bathroom. I would have slept till noon at that rate. When I finally got up and moving, we went to Safeway to do our grocery shopping. They didn't seem to have any baskets, even outside. We used the smaller basket and it got filled up fast!

Once that was done, came home and put everything away. Then got going with baking some French Bread. I was surprised at how well it turned out. I used the baking pan my son and DIL gave me for Christmas! I love that pan. It came out really well. 

Gave one loaf to the neighbors. They love my bread. lol 

While all that was raising, I worked on an upside down cake. Patrick wanted some dessert again, so we agreed on the upside down cake. 

It came out really good! I usually use the slices for this, but we had the tidbits and that worked out great. It came out soft and moist. I used the juice from the can as the 1 cup water. That gave it a really good taste. I only had to add a little bit of water to it. 

Once that was done, Patrick grilled our shrimp and I made the olive topping for the bread. It was a really good supper. 

Then while watching the Olympics I worked on the binding of the quilt. I have it almost done. I have about 1/4 of a side done. That's as far as it went for Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Skipped A Day

Yesterday was one of those days, I didn't do anything but go to a movie. We didn't even walk, because of the weather.  The movie we ...