Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Shopping Trip

 Today I received a call from mom. She wanted to see if I wanted to go to the quilt shop in Onalaska this afternoon. I was in!

While I wanted for them to get here around 1 pm, I worked on getting stuff cleaned up. I also pulled out the quilt and got a about half a side done. I also got some laundry done. They (Nancy and mom) finally arrived around 1:30 pm. 

We headed over to the quilt shop. Heavenly Quilts and Company. Really cute shop!


I ended up picking up 3 panels of the same. I also bought 6 yards of the red and blue on the left. The other is 3 yards each. I wanted to get border colors that will work with some of the stair. I really should have gotten some solid colors but I figure I can use the blues and reds that I have for the backing. They work just as good. As long as they are used for QOV, I'm good. This "pile" cost me $200. Prices are going up! 

Mom and Nancy stopped and picked up a quilt from the church. They don't have any more. Connie took 3 on Saturday and she texted that they were done. So, mom and Nancy picked them up and dropped off some panels. I noticed we are running out of panels. I need to order more. I will have to charge for those, since I just paid $200 for this pile. I don't want to get a reimbursement on this. 

Came home and Patrick was back from golfing. He was working in the office, so I vacuumed and got dinner going. 

Now, I am just enjoying the day. Thinking about being Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Mom Turned 89 Today

 This morning, I was expecting mom to come over to do her laundry because of the machine being broke. I waited. Then I walked with Ron, and ...