Sunday, November 3, 2019

It's Sunday....After Saturday

I didn't post yesterday because I didn't do anything but go to a funeral.

I'm not one of those that goes to funerals unless I have to. I was fortunate in my life that the first 30 years of my life, I only attended 3 funerals. One was my grandfathers, my great grandmothers, and a friends. Later it was my sister-in-laws sister's and my Uncles. When I turned 50, I attended a lot more funerals then I care to count. Yesterday was one of those.

I attended (with my mother and Ethel) the funeral of Ron Smith. A dear friend of the family and he was fighting bone cancer that beat him. He passed on the 18th of October. I had to attend this one. It was not one that I could make excuses for not attending. It was not like Davids that was on my Birthday. So, I picked Ethel up and then mom. We then went to Little Rock area where the church is. It started at 1 pm, and lasted till 3 pm. The pastor was FOREVER with his summon. He was trying get everyone at the funeral to join the church. (That's what Ron wanted everyone to do). It was a good funeral with that exception.

We then stopped and got "lunch" at Farmboy restaurant in Maytown. After that it was home bound. I did feel like doing anything else the rest of the day.

This morning was better. I was up and enjoying a few minutes to myself before Patrick got up. Then it was off to the grocery store. We got our groceries within an hours time. We got home and just brought in the first bag of groceries when Katt arrived. She's her for a couple days then gone again. She's on her vacation.

We took her down to Kelso to Red Lobster and had "lunch/supper." We then came back home. I beaded while I listened to Katt and Patrick talking. I only had about 45 mins to work on my beading. I'm happy to say I got 2 more rows done. It's now 145/446. It's coming along great.

It was then bowling time. We dropped some leaves off at Phil's and then went to the bowling alley. Katt got some french fries. I had a good night of bowling. I bowled a 191, 192, 162. I was striking pretty good the first 2 games. Think I should have moved on the last game. We lost all 4 games. But we did win the quarter, so we didn't have to worry too much about loosing. Nick didn't have a good night. He was so upset with himself that he didn't bowl good at all. The funny part was Patrick was consistent. Those 2 actually tied in series. Nick had a 106 the second game, and then 212 in the last. That 212 pulled him out.

At least I was able (today) to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...