Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Making Bread With Mom

This morning I was out the door to Faye's to drop off a few things to go to Sharon. Then I was on my way to moms. Sophie came with me. I need to get her used to moms place.

Mom and I talked about baking bread on Monday. So, I was ready to make bread. I took over the yeast (she called to say her's was old), bread flour, and a few more things that we needed for baking bread.

We started out with Wheat Bread. I showed her how to use her bread machine.


The Wheat bread came out really good! It was awesome and fun.

The next bread we did was the ring bread (not sure what the name is). We had fun working on that. The first one was with dates and almonds.


It was fun to fill the dough and then roll it. The funny part was that I really made a lot of filling for these. It had the filling falling out. It was a lot of fun doing this.


The next one was done with pumpkin and almonds as well as a few other spices.



Our next bread was Cheddar Cheese and Onion.


Mom and I had a wonderful day baking bread. I cut the breads before I left. We put some in freezer bags to freeze. I bought some home and froze some of the wheat bread. I brought Patrick the date bread (some of it) and he like that. He didn't like the pumpkin as much. Mom loved the pumpkin so I had her freeze some for our Friday quilting meetings. Mom kept the onion bread. I only took a couple slices because I'm the only one here that will eat that. I'll have the last slice tomorrow for lunch.

Came home and got supper done. Then it was off to bowling. Joanne and Nick had to bowl for Fred and Denise. So, we had to wait and see how many games we won. We'll all bowl again on Friday to make up for not bowling on Sunday. I didn't bowl so good tonight. I lost a point on my average. I bowled a 164, 158, 165. I guess one can say I'm consistent. Hopefully I'll do better on Friday. I will say that Patrick was really in a good mood tonight. He bowled really good. He was laughing and enjoying his bowling. Guess he's getting really happy about his retirement on Friday.

Tomorrow will be another day of being Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching.

No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...