Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Quilts Of Valor Presentation Day

Today I was all set for the QOV Presentation. I left early and was thrilled to see Ethel there. She helped me out by getting things ready for the presentation.


We had good attendance. I was surprised at how many people came but at the same time thrilled we had a good turnout. A couple of them came from Oregon to see the presentation.


We were able to give away 4 quilts today.  From l-r, James Wilverding,  Jerald Brugger, Rick Roberson, and Glenl Wear, Sr.

They were all awesome! All of the served in Vietnam. It was an honor to give them quilts!

Came home and still had a headache, so laid down for awhile. Didn't get much of anything done.

Then it was off to bowling. Not my best night, but pretty close to my worst night. I couldn't believe it! I was in the pocket, but got 9's or splits. I had 5 splits in the second game and was only able to get 1 of them. UGH, UGH, UGH! We lost 3 games. We actually won the first game, but then Joann was on! Me, not so much. 144, 148, 132 - I was consistent - constantly BAD. I always say - it would be nice to be consistent. Well, this time I was.....but not in a good way.

At least I had a good time and I did honor our Veterans. I'm okay with that. It was a really good day today, if I leave off my bowling scores. I would have liked to have been Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Still Thinking Positive

 This morning it was raining. Patrick decided not to go golfing. I don't blame him. I was able to get up and shower with little help tod...