Friday, November 1, 2019

Patrick's Retirement Party

This morning Patrick reminded me about the retirement party at 11:30 am today.

I was up early and called Cherry to see if I could go over and have some tea. I wanted to get caught up with her on how she was doing. Then I headed over to have tea. She's not doing good. She went to the doctors in Seattle, and that was a waste of time. He didn't talk about surgery, he didn't even know what was the problem. So, he talked about all the stuff they already knew. They were there to see about surgery, and he wasn't even there. Then it took an hour for them to get down the hill to get to I-5, which is about 4 blocks. So, now she's going to find another doctor to see if they will do the surgery or what happens. I really feel for her. She's having to go around the house with her walker. She won't be able to go to our embroidery meeting. We talked about her having to go to assistant living and she said her and Kathy talked about it. She would rather have 24 hour care instead.

I then had to get moving and go to Patrick's Retirement Party. He's not retiring till the 15th, but they had the party today.



He was given a gift from the city. It has the "Thank you for 21 years of service" on the cup.


One of the guy's mother made the cake. It's the sign that is up for the plant.


They had photos of the old plant and the new plant. It was really well done!


He cut the cake. It was AWESOME! There was so much to eat! I had a hamburger and a few more things. It was nice to see so many people there for him. The city will be giving him something at the City Council meeting on the 12th, so Phillip is hoping to be there too. Katt won't be able to make it, but she's coming on Sunday for a couple days.

Came back home and played a few games. I was getting caught up on my recorded shows.

Patrick got home about 4 pm. I listened to the TV news - not much worth watching anymore. I worked on 2 more rows. I was able to get 2 rows in before Patrick wanted to sit and watch the British Baking Show.

At least I was able to get a few stitches in and be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...