Thursday, October 31, 2019

Gone In The Morning.....Beading In The Evening

This morning I had to be at moms by 7:30 am. We the left for her appointment with the Laser Clinic. Once that was done we then went to the eye doctors for them to remove one lens in her glasses. After that it was to the bank for her. We then headed back to her place where I was learning how to use the Brother cutting tool that Bev brought to mom to take to the quilt show for sale. I think mom is going to make a donation for it because we were figuring out how to use it. It works great for the freezer paper cut outs. I also cut some fabric with it yesterday. I'm still reading on how to use it. It's going to work fine for her.

We then heading up to Tumwater were we met up with Phillip and Dan. We had a really good lunch with them. I ordered a Veggie Burger and was surprised at how good it tasted. It reminded me of a chick and fish sandwich. It really wasn't bad, and I eat most of it. It really filled me up! I would order that again.

After we got back, I left. I wanted to get some stuff done at home. Truth be told, I didn't get much done. I actually sat and enjoyed Sophie for a little bit. Then I sat down to bead.

Patrick got home early - he's looking forward to retiring and decided he would come home early as the new guy needs to figure things out on his own.


My bird is almost done. I've finished 141/446 rows. It's getting there. I'm almost to a fourth of the way. I was listening to a book while I beaded. Don't like to watch TV any more. There just isn't much I would care to see. I get tired of hearing the Democrats and the Republicans arguing and bickering. They aren't doing their jobs, they are just pointing figures. So, I sit and bead with a good book. I started a another book that's a series. This is the first book.

I finished my "Dreams" books - 3 in all. I order the last one from BnN because the library didn't have it on CD's. I only paid about $10 for it, but I was ticked!! I got to the 9th CD and on the last track, it repeated itself. So, I went to the next CD and figured out I missed out on the most important part! I had no idea what happened and had to guess at it. I'll throw the CD's away! I was going to donate it to the library but can't now because there is a "hiccup" in the 9th CD.  Oh, well. I may go on Libby and get it from there to hear that part I missed!

Patrick had bowling tonight. So, that gave me plenty of time to enjoy my beading. I'm getting ready to start the tail of the next bird. I can't wait to see it, but looking at the photo, it almost looks like I might have started it already. It's in the tree area. We'll see soon enough. I'm working on getting this done. I really do want to work on another one.

My day was enjoyable. I was able to see my son, my other son, and mom. We all had a good chat about how things were going. Phillip hadn't seen Dan in awhile and I thought it was a good idea to get them together as well. It's funny, but I probably won't be seeing Dan as often now because he's not bowling. I will keep in touch though. He's family. Mom really enjoyed today and was laughing with the boys about how well she's seeing out of that eye that got done. Next week is another appointment and then the following week we do this all over again.

It's always fun being Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...