Tuesday, October 1, 2019

What A Day!!

This morning I was out the door by 8:30 am. I had to meet up with Dan and then head off to my doctor appointment.......

Well, I forgot that Patrick told me to warm up the car......so I had to wait 5 mins before I could leave.....on top of that I ordered a chai tea at Starbucks and went to pick it up. By the time I was on my way, it was a quarter till 9 am. I arrived at Dan's around 9:15 am. I had my doctors appointment at 10:20 am, but wasn't sure how long it would take to get there from his PT. I dropped him off at 9:32 am, and realized I was really early - his appointment was at 10:30 am. So, I took off to my appointment and it only took about 20 mins to get there. I was way early as well. I was lucky and went into my appointment about 10 mins early. Then after going over everything we needed to go over, and talked to her about the pains I had in my "boob," I ended up having to go get lab tests, EKG, AND X-rays. I'm up for an ultra sound. That put me into 1 hour and 45 mins later.......and I kept thinking about having to go pick Dan up!! I kept texting him what I was doing so he could know I hadn't deserted him. I really felt bad about that!  I finally picked him up and went went to Sharon's so I could get her the beads she ordered. Faye showed up and that gave me a good reason to leave. I took Dan to the bank and then took him home. One the way home I had to stop and get gas as well as go to the post office to drop my nephew off a package. I finally arrived home at 2:30 pm.

That messed up my day. I was hoping to be home in time so I could work on the binding of the quilt! PLUS I needed to get the 5 pillow cases done. So, when I got home, I put supper in the oven and sat down to work on the binding. Finally got it done by the time Patrick got home. He was home about 10 mins when the power went out. NOT Helping!! It was out for about an hour and a half. I put the quilt in the wash and went downstairs to work on the pillow cases, after supper.


Those brand new blades I bought.....well they are a piece of crap!! They worked about a week and then they act like I ran over a pin - which I didn't! Both blades are bad. Ticked me off, and now I have to order more.


After a couple hours I was able to get all 5 pillow cases done. I'm tired. I've had one heck of a day. I did work on my brothers eagles while I was waiting between appointments. I didn't have to wait too long, but I did end up taking out about 4" of applique at the tip of the wing on one of them. It was buckling and needed to be taken out. I'll work on it again later.

It's been a long day, and I have another day to go. I have QOV presentation tomorrow. That will keep me busy for awhile. I can't wait to get back to normal!

One of the gals from the church called while I was in Olympia. I talked to her about doing quilts for us. She is going to chat with the other ladies to see if they would be willing to help us out. I'm hoping they will. It would help so much.

So, I can actually say I was Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Woke In Pain

This morning, I woke in pain. Actually, had pain all night. So, I pretty much didn't do much all day.   I think the pain is from moving ...