Monday, October 28, 2019

After 6 Weeks, I'm Almost Back To Normal.....So I Though

Today I was up and out the door. I had to get the quilt tops to take to Bill. I wanted to take some snacks to eat on the way back.....that didn't happen....it was still on the counter when I got home. UGH

I picked Dan up on time. Then we headed back to Centralia to go to his doctors appointment. The good news is that he can drive and in 2 weeks he can go back to work. While I waited on him, I worked on my brother's eagle wings.


I finished this wing. Then I started on the next wing.

=

Didn't get far when a WWII veteran sat down next to me and we chatted. I really loved chatting with him. He's 93 years old and married to a gal 91 years old. Told me he's been married to her for 36 years. I really did enjoy sitting with him. When Dan came out, I told him to take care. Dan went up and shock his hand and told him to take care as well. I was so proud of Dan for doing that!

Then it was off to Dan's house again to drop him off. We got to his place and I waited till he started his car - easy right?! It started. So, I left. I was supposed to go North and I went South!! I had to go to Maytown exit to turn around. On the way I head some clicks and wondered what the heck that was. Then the phone rang.....but it wasn't my phone!! I noticed Dan's phone sitting on the passenger side of the car. I couldn't reach it and it wouldn't shut up!! Next thing I know as I'm coming to Dan's exit AGAIN, Phil called. I was talking to him and the next think I know is Patrick saying he doesn't know what the heck I'm talking about. Hung up and called Phil back. He told me Dan said the phone was in the van. I told him - I knew that and was turning off to drop it off. Asked how he knew and come to find out Dan emailed Phillip to call me. When I got to Dan's he told me he got on the computer and had it call his phone. I told him I couldn't get to it. We laughed about all the stuff going on with the phone and how I made the wrong turn and was headed back anyway. 

I then took the right exit to the North to drop off the quilts. I got to Sharon and Bill's. Bill only had one quilt on the frame. So he was happy to have 2 more quilts to work on. I stayed and chatted with Sharon on beading. She's about 74 rows from being done with the Snowman piece. I didn't stay long. It felt good to be back home by 2:30 pm. 

When I got home, I got the laundry going. Then went to listening to my book and beading. I really like how well that's coming along. 


TILL I found a really loose bead. I had to take out a row and put it back in. Not as easy as it sounds, because I finished the thread and started another thread in the middle of that row. I ended up going back farther than I wanted to. On top of that, 


a bead broke and I had to fix that as well. I thought I did a good job till I tried to add 2 more beads to the row, then I had to fix that area as well. Once I had it all fixed - thank goodness it was on the row under the row I was working on. It made it easy enough to fix. I'm happy to say I finished 131. 

Tomorrow is another day. Then on Wednesday I start all over with taking mom all over the place for the next month. I just finished with Dan, and now I will be caring for mom and her eyes. We'll see how all this goes. I feel like I'm going none stop any more. I only have Fridays (shhhhh don't tell!!) where I don't have any plans or appointments. 


She's looking good! Waiting to see the next bird!

At least I have been able to find time to be Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Got A Little Carried Away

 This morning I felt so good. It was the first night since we got back that I have had a good nights sleep. It was good for me. Even though ...