Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Presentation Day

This morning I was happy to be able to sleep if I wanted to. So, I enjoyed another half hour of sleep. Then it was time to get up and get moving. I got everything together that I needed to take to the museum.

I pulled the quilt out of the dryer, after fluffing it up again. Then I got moving on getting the boxes and the banner together. Loaded up the car and was out the door by 10:30 am. I was the first one there, as usual. I pulled all the quilts we had done out and put them on the table. I also got the banner up and ready. I even got a few other things done. Apparently I messed up on one of the certificates, so I changed that at the museum. Then Hildi showed up, followed by Faye, Ethel and mom. We worked with Ethel and mom on presenting the quilt. Mom hadn't done it much so we wanted her to get used to doing it. It turned out great.


We had 9 Veterans to give quilts out to. The mystery quilt I made went to Loyann Munyan who turned out to be a gal that was in the Rainy Dazes Quilt Group years ago with mom and I. It was nice to be able to award her a quilt. The gentleman in the middle is 90 years old. He served in 1944-48. He wasn't overseas, but he was during WWII. It's an honor to be giving them a quilt!

Came home and turned on the CD and wanted to bead for awhile. That didn't happen, I actually got only 2 "lines" done in a row. That's about 40 beads. I ended up calling my coordinator and talking to her about a donation that was offered to us.

By that time it was supper time and then bowling. Tonight at bowling it was comical! Neither team was having much luck at bowling. I did better than the rest of them. I bowled a 172, 202, and then I bombed at 140. Everyone else was a lot lower than me. Poor Denise, she bowled a 110 in the second game and she was in tears because she thought she was hurting our team. I got her to laugh when I told her to look at what everyone else was doing. It was really comical. We went 2 full frames without a mark! Both teams!! That's rare. I went 5 frames without a mark - and had a 45 in the 5th. That's not pretty!! And that was the 3rd game! I had to pull it out to get the 140. Patrick won that game for us with 3 strikes but he only got a 147. We ended up winning 2 and loosing 2 games. I was okay with that after what all we went through. Poor Fred, he had a good game and a bad game. I think one of his games was a 118 or so.

Even though I only got 40 beads in, I can say I was Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!=

No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...