Friday, October 18, 2019

One Thing Leads To Another

Life is pretty much one thing to another but today it seemed to go that way.

This morning Faye and I went to Grace Church in Chehalis to ask for help in quilting quilts for us. It was interesting and Faye was really good about explaining everything. I love having her around because she keeps me on track. We agreed to provide everything including the threads. It's a trial basis for us to see if things work out. I'm hoping they do. Afterwards I needed to mail labels to Barbara who lives in Rochester.

Came back home and decided I better get the quilt binding done on the quilt I have. I also realized I need to see if we can get the gal who had to cancel in Aug. So, I'm going to have to get moving and see if they can come to the presentation next Saturday.

I went downstairs and started trimming the quilt when I realized I had to call Sharon back. Which I did. She got me on beading again. She was looking for my Lighthouse pattern. She's wanting to do that one next. Before I know it, she will have done all my designs way before I get them done! Oh, well.

Got back to doing the bindings and trimmed them for mitered corners. The quilt I have for QOV was going to get the back binding as well. (Face binding - hate that name!) I will take that to mom to see if she can get it done and then I can go back and pick it up, wash it and have it ready to give away.


Once I was done sewing the binding on, I went upstairs and listened to my book. I was able to finish this one. I was getting ready to start the other one, when Patrick came home.

We went out to eat. All the way to Kelso. It was raining quiet a bit. We saw 3 separate accidents - one where the car was in a ditch flipped over, one where the car slide off the road into the grassy medium and the other one were two cars did damage to both cars. Not sure how it happened but think one car didn't stop behind the other car. OH! there were 4 because there was a semi truck off the road as well. It makes for an interesting drive. The hard part is, when one sees all this going on, why the heck do they still have to go 80 mph! In rain! Kept thinking we'd see them off the road later.

Came home and I pulled out the other quilt for Dian.


I was able to get one side done. I'm pretty happy about what all I was able to get done. Putting the binding on the QOV quilt helped me move on to stitching the bindings. Dian should get her quilts back soon.

Before we left for dinner, an email came that said Ron Smith had passed away. He fought a long and hard battle. I will miss his laugh and kindness toward the family. He was always there when dad was in the hospital. May he rest in peace.

All in all, it was a good day to be Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Trying To Do More

This morning Patrick headed to golfing and I got laundry going. I was in pain this morning, and all through the day. I just let it be. It...