Monday, October 21, 2019

A Day Of Dyeing

Yep, it was a day of dyeing.

This morning I was out the door early to get to the Grange so that we could get set up for class. I was there early enough, and then Sandy 2 showed up about 5 mins after me. We were getting ready when our teacher Loretta showed up about 10 mins after Sandy.

It was a full day of dyeing fabrics. Loretta taught us how to dye silk fabrics for our embroidery work. The first thing we did was dye a scarf.


This is what it looked like wet. I added salt to get a different affect. Plus when it dried, it dried lighter. It was fun to do.


This is all the scarfs lined up. Mine is the second from the bottom and one can see how much different it looked after the salt. I need to heat set it.

Then we did a piece of silk for our embroidery. We also did another piece (trigger fabric) for embroidery as well. I don't care for trigger fabric but she had half trigger and half pure silk fabric. I didn't get up there in time and ended up with trigger. I could have had the silk but asked Sandy 1 to pick which she wanted. I really didn't care. I didn't get a photo of what I did and will do that tomorrow. I need to iron them to set them.

After class was over and Loretta left, we all worked on the pieces for the Seminar. There were 18 strips of fabric and I only got to do 1. Everyone else did them. Funny part was that everyone liked mine the best. I really didn't care for some of the other pieces. So, how much you want to bet, next year at Seminar I will wind up with one of the ones I don't want. That's usually how it goes. Oh, well, that's life. Dina and Phyllis took them all home to finish them up. We put them in bags I had for my dyes. We didn't use my dyes because they were the dyes you use soda ash for. I really don't know what I'm going to do with those dyes, I don't use them any more. I may sell them or give them away.

Came home and got another call from Sharon. She's out of beads. She wants to get beads from me now. I'm going to have to order more because she's taking my beads. I thought she got enough beads to work on the snowman but apparently she didn't. She only got 5 grams of the beads and needed twice that, so I'm now picking up the slack. She wants to order more beads, and I told her I wanted to get a few more beads ordered as well. So, she'll give me her list and I'll order them. I'm getting tired of giving away my beads and patterns though. It's all good though.

So, it was a good day and I can't say I was quilting or stitching, but the pieces were for stitching on. Which lets me say I was Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting

No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...