Sunday, October 13, 2019

I've Had Better Days

Today I was up early. I enjoyed an hour or so by myself - with Sophie. I played a few games and enjoyed the morning....

Then Patrick got up and started working out in the yard. I went and got the bucket of apples. I started cutting the apples for apples sauces and then made a crisp. My fingers were getting sore. I wasn't looking forward to bowling with the way my left hand was feeling.

While I was cooking the apple sauce, I thought I would try to make a beaded twisted earrings. It was an idea for Christmas gifts.


I got to the part of coming back - like a "V" and found that I couldn't figure it out. I was trying to use the YouTube video on it, but there isn't any sound. So, I really didn't get very far.  I will take it out later, I need to find the pattern so it will help me out more.

Then I went back to my snowman.


This is the second one. I'm close to being done with it. I'll have this set done and will work on the 1st and 3rd snowman next. It's coming along, and I think I can have these done in good time.

It was time to go bowling. So, I didn't get to finish this one, but we got to the bowling alley and our partners were on a cruise. We had Fred and Denise (from Wednesday) fill in, but Denise couldn't bowl because of her leg. The worst part was that the team we were supposed to bowl wasn't there. So, it was just 3 of us bowling. I didn't do so good. I bowled 172, 147, 155 - not the best.

As I said, I've had better days - I've had better luck starting something and knowing what I'm doing. I've had better starts when it comes to new things. I've had better days bowling. I've just had better days all around. I'm okay with today. I would have loved to have been able to do the earrings without any trouble, but that wasn't in the cards.

I'll just hope tomorrow will be better. It's a good week this week. Just Tuesday and Thursday will be busy. I can't say the same for next week. It's a good thing. I'm tired of being so busy.

Oh, and I forgot, I need to get the mitered corners on the quilts so I can finish the bindings. I'm actually looking forward to doing that. I just seem to find other things to keep me busy as well.....ouch. At least I'm Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...