Wednesday, October 16, 2019

A Planned Day That Didn't Happen

Here I go again! I planned a day.....still haven't learned....and here I am again with a day that wasn't gonna happen.

I was up early but that didn't mean anything. Cherry called to tell me about her trip to the emergency room yesterday - a 9 hour wait! It was interesting what she had to go through. She fell and couldn't reach her son. She called the house, but I wasn't home. I told her she needs to call my cell phone next time. After a long wait she got her son. That call was about 45 mins. Alice called as I was finishing that call. She's got the key to the Grange and told me she would be at the Grange till 2 pm today. I had to run over and get the key and pay for the use of the hall. As I'm getting ready to leave, mom called and needed some help on the Quicken books program. (Long story to that). Called Patrick to see if I could take him lunch or anything else. He said no, he was getting Pizza today for Bosses day. Or something like that.

I was out the door by 10:30 am. Got to the Grange, paid and got the key. Then chatted with Alice and Joyce, whom I haven't seen in awhile. I used to be part of the Grange. It was good chatting with them. Went to moms and was there by 11:30 am. We had lunch and then I was helping her with her computer. We got the program going. I hate Quicken!! I couldn't find where I could print the reconciliation - which I forgot to do. I finally left her place at 1:30 pm. Had to stop at the bank to get online banking for the water business. I can't do checks on there, but I can get to the statements. That took some time.

Finally made it home by 2:30 pm and needed to get supper in the oven. While I was trying to do that I talked to Sharon on the phone. Then after she called, my cousin called. After that I having trouble answering Sue's calls. That was a pain!!

I had all of 15 mins to get downstairs to get my mitered corners on Dian's quilts. I only got one done and decided to try and get a few stitches in on it.


I was able to get around one corner.


So, I did get a little bit done. From the right side to the left side. That's as far as I was able to get before it was time for supper. Then it was off to bowling!

Our team is in 1st place. We needed to win all 4 games to keep up in the top. We were in 1st by 1 game. Not sure how the other team did. We were able to win 3 games. Fred wasn't having a good day. I bowled a 183, 178 and 191. I was happy with that. I'm finally getting back up there. Patrick did really good. He bowled a 201, 201, and 197 - 599 series! Never fails, we miss the high point by 1 pin. We did win the last 3 games and that's good.

It was one of those days I should know better - DON'T PLAN A DAY! At least I was Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Visiting With Friends

Today I was up with Patrick. He headed to golfing and I wanted on Gerilyn to pick me up. We had our embroidery meeting today.  We arrived on...