Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Organizing My Day Away From Home

It seems like lately I'm away from home more often then not. Not like I want to be, but it just happens that way I guess. Life is what we make of it. So, it really didn't bother me.

It all started with getting up and getting out the door. I left a few minutes early so I could stop at McD's and get a sausage bisquet (sp). I was hunger for one and I had a good feeling I wouldn't be getting lunch today. Well.....that didn't work out the way I wanted. I went to the McD's here in Chehalis, and it had a long line of cars. Oh, crap. So, instead of waiting in line, I went on to pick Dan up in Tumwater. I arrived a little earlier than normal, and his door was locked. He didn't answer the door. So, I called his phone 3 times, NO answer. I went to the bedroom window and banged on the window......nothing....oh, wait, feet heading to the door. He came to the door and said, "Sorry, I was in the shower." I said it was a good thing he answered because he was starting to freak me out! I was getting worried. So, after he got ready, we headed out. I stopped at McD's there by his house and got my sausage bisquet (sp) with hot chocolate. We were now on our way.

Got to the physical therapy with time to spare. Dan checked in and I went to Joann Fabrics to see if I could get an ornament stand for my 2 ornaments. I walked into the place and was shocked! It was dirty and reminded me of a second hand store. I walked around and fabric bolts where on the floor with some dirt around them. I was looking in the doll isle and it was "trashed" like no one cared where the stuff went. I was shocked! The Joann Fabrics I knew as not this! I did look around in the bead area. I bought some beads - just 2. They were 50% off and I wasn't really sure what I wanted, so I got what I thought I could use on my ornaments. I am still shocked it was so trashy. I'm almost wondering if they are going to close down or something.

Went back to get Dan. Sat in the car and played games. He was about 20 mins over his time. That was okay with me. We then went to Sharon and Bill's to drop off the quilt. Bill's doing some quilts again. He wasn't doing so good. I almost think he doesn't like what's going on with his leg and feeling sorry for himself. I'm not sure though. He's just not as positive as he used to be. I saw the work Sharon is doing on the snowman beading. OH! Man! I can't wait to finish the birds and start on that one. It's so PRETTY! I love it!! I still need to order more beads though.

Then it was time to go to Walmart for Dan to get some food. We picked up some stuff and then because they didn't have the chicken nuggets he was looking for, we went to Fred Meyers. Got his nuggets and then took him home. We unloaded the groceries and I headed to moms after going to see Sandy.

Sandy had some pillow cases for me for QOV. I was thrilled. She also gave me the registration for our dye class on Monday. She was short one registration fee and figured it was hers. I really am not worried about it. I had stopped at her work to pick them all up and then it was off to moms.

Mom needed help reading the instructions for Daisy's flea medicine. So, I read it and told her what to do. She had company and I wondered why she didn't have company read the instructions for her. Wasn't going thing. I didn't stay long as it was 2:30 pm and I had 2 more stops to get to.

Off to the museum where I met the family of the WWII veteran that we are going to present a quilt to in Dec. Then as we were talking one of the guys there said his grandfather will be 100 in a few months. So, I told him to register his grandfather and we will present him a quilt at the WWII dinner as well. Chip is going to make sure the grandson brings him to the dinner. That will get us 2 WWII veterans. I'm so excited about honoring them both that day! I dropped off the pillow cases. I enjoyed chatting with Chip and the others but had to get moving.

I was then off to the library to drop off my CD audio book and pick up a real book. Yea, I know, when am I going to find time to read?! I'm going to try for this book. I may have to buy it in order to take my time reading it. I has 2 holds on it for when I'm done. UGH!

Finally made it home by 3:45 pm. It was a long day and I got a lot done. Patrick came home early and I got TV dinners in (which is rare for us). Then I enjoyed watching a comedy. We were going to watch the debates, but we couldn't find it on the TV channels. Oh, well.

I finally had time to finish the earring. It didn't come out as well as the first.


I think the 2 rows I did on the first one made it a little bigger than the second one. Bet you can tell which is which! Right is the first one and left is the second one. The second is even on the sides but had trouble with putting it together. I need to work on that. Actually the photo shows where they were sewn together. I'm not sure I like that. I need to work on it. Not going to do another one for awhile. I think I will get back to the ornaments and get them done. Those I can do really well.

Even though today was organizing my day in a way that I could get stuff done and be back home to have tomorrow to myself, it was a long one. I've had worse days and better days, but all in all everyone is happy. I'm just happy I was able to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Trying To Do More

This morning Patrick headed to golfing and I got laundry going. I was in pain this morning, and all through the day. I just let it be. It...