Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Learning About Retirement

Today I was up and left Patrick sleeping. I played a few games and then when he got up, I got moving again.

Patrick got started early. He went into the bathroom and started going through the cabinet and cleaning everything thing up. While he was in there, I was mopping the floor and vacuuming. I did get a load of laundry in there but that didn't go very far. I need to get the laundry going again. But Patrick has a lot of ideas for getting the house in shape and I'm afraid this may be a regular chore. Not that I mind it, but really, I'd rather work on my beading. He is going to keep me busy and I'm not going to be able to sit at the table to bead at this rate. Not that he really made me clean this morning. I was going to do that anyway. I'm just not sure what is coming. He's a "worker bee" and I'm not. This is going to be interesting.

Patrick got a text that they (City Managers) were expecting him for lunch at 11:30 am. So, he headed over there and I watched my "Vera" show. Then I sat down and beaded. I took out the row that I needed to, so I could tighten up my threads. Patrick got home just as I finished the row. I worked on it a little longer and then got tired so laid down on the couch and took a nap.

Then Patrick woke me up to go to the movies. Today was $5 movie day. We went to see "Charlies Angels" and it was really good. A lot of action and a lot of entertaining. I really enjoyed that.

Came home and got my certificates done for tomorrow. I worked on QOV stuff for awhile. Checked facebook to see how my request for donations was coming. We need more. I may try to put that on my page as well. I also worked on the group page that I created yesterday. I will get more on it tomorrow after our presentation.

I started to go back to my beading when Patrick asked if I wanted to watch a Christmas movie and I did. So, put that aside and went to get my crocheting.


I was getting ignored because I made her get down when she went after the thread. She wasn't too happy with me. Sophie wanted to play with the yarn. I'm about 1/3 of the way done with the potholder I want to make. It's double and will last longer. It actually has a pattern going.

=

Don't you just love the attitude? She's so cute! Patrick was telling me, it's just like him putting chocolate by my chair and telling me I can't eat any of it. "No, you can't have that. No, don't touch." Poor Sophie, I guess that is awful of me to do that to her. lol It would kill me not to have my chocolate!

Each day will be different. We are seeing what works with his retiring. So far, I can say it's actually really nice. He's happier and willing to work around my busy "stuff." I'm enjoying his company, but not really being able to get much stuff done. At least I tired to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

One Appointment After Another

This morning we were able to sleep in, but of course, I couldn't. I let Patrick sleep in though. Then I played on my games.  I received ...