Thursday, November 14, 2019

It's Thursday And It Was A Good Day

This morning I enjoyed being about to sleep a little longer since Patrick left for work. Then I realized that will only be for another day....then he's home for good. Retirement tomorrow. Plus bowling....

I got laundry going. Then I went downstairs to see what I could work on for QOV. I cut some strips for another quilt. I had an idea today, so I'm going to try it out. I hope it works. I want to get moving on the blocks that Betty gave me with some fabric for our group. She asked that the blocks goin in the quilt for her grandson.


I decided to frame the blocks - not a lot, only 3 sets. I will put them in the stripped area. I'll also put stars on the top and bottom of the stripped area. I may put these at a diagonal so it's not just in the middle. I need it to look planned and yet it's not planned.

Then I came upstairs and got started on the beading.


I now at 172/446. It's going a lot faster. I really am hoping the second bird will show up pretty soon. I'm really hoping it comes out here pretty soon.

Patrick went bowling and I decided to sit and watch TV and do some crocheting.


Another potholder done. Started another one. As I was watching "Cold Cases" on Netflix I was shocked to see the case that was from here. It was the murder of a couple here in town just before Christmas way back in 1990. I was looking at the photos of them and I think I met them when I first lived here back in the 1980's. I remember mom telling me about it after it happened. She asked me back then if I remembered them. I just heard about it. Then about 6 years ago it was in the news that they found the killers.

I had a good day of piecing, beading, and crocheting. Guess that says I'm Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching! 

No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...