Sunday, July 4, 2021

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!

 Today is the day to celebrate. Today is the day to be thankful. 

That being said, we stayed home! We didn't go camping - not our thing. We didn't take a trip - too many people out and about. We tend to be BORING and if one hasn't been paying attention - my blog proves it. 

I started out with picking blueberries. I got a ton of berries compared to yesterday. I put them both together for my son. He loves them as much as I do. 

Big bag. Tomorrow I will probably get just as much. 

Then I decided I needed to go downstairs and do some cleaning. I wanted to try and remember where I put the birds embroidery piece. 

Time to clean this mess! I have it all over the place. When I walked down there, I came back upstairs. First thought - Where to begin. Headed back down there and started on the counter top. Got the box of squares and put them in another box to take to the fair. We will have people sew 9 patches at the fair. Next was to go through a couple boxes and part of the cabinet (one can't see on the right). I pulled out the embroidery stuff that I don't want or need. I also went through my cross stitch kits, and took out the stuff I didn't want to work on. I had patterns that were given to me, and patterns I did. Those went into the Goodwill bag.


Everything in it's place - sort of. I found stuff I didn't know what I wanted to do with. Those things that I started thinking about - Do I keep it? Do I want it? Do I know what to do with it? Is it worth hanging on to? Where the heck am I going to put it? Do I get another box or tin to put it in? What is my problem!? Should I just leave it here and figure it out later? - that last one was the one I did in the end. Not a lot, but enough to make me think about it. 

Then I came upstairs and got my next beading project together. I put all the sheets of rows in a plastic sheet protector. That took a little bit of time. There were 58 pages. Now I'm ready to go. 


I pulled out some fabric for QOV that I will take to moms



 - ended up with another tub full of scraps to go over there. Since I didn't have a tub, it ended up in bags. Pulled out the fabric from my cabinet to go along and Sophie decided she wanted it. 


Asked her if I could have it back. She gave me one of those looks. 

Calling it an early night, even with fireworks going off all around us. It's not even dark, and the fireworks keep going. But it will be really loud around 10 pm tonight. That's the fun of the 4th of July. Hope everyone is Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


No comments:

Woke In Pain

This morning, I woke in pain. Actually, had pain all night. So, I pretty much didn't do much all day.   I think the pain is from moving ...