Thursday, July 22, 2021

Quilts Of Valor Presentation Day

 Today Patrick was golfing and I was at our QOV presentation. 

We honored 4 veterans today with quilts. 

Edward Smith, Coast Guard, James Wheeler, Navy, Robert Knapp, Air Force Reserve, and John Mervyn, Air Force. 


Edward Smith and his quilt. 


James Wheeler and his quilt. 


John Mervyn and his quilt. 


Robert Knapp and his quilt. 

After that, I was going to my car. Couldn't find my keys. OH GREAT! They were in the car. Then I turned the car over - nope. Dead battery. And of course everyone left. So, I had to find someone to jump me. I looked all over for Chip and couldn't find him. When I did, he was kind enough to jump the van. Got home and let it run for another half hour. 

Patrick gets home and Sophie is outside the door looking in. She snuck out when I shut the van off. I didn't know she got out and didn't pay attention when I came back in the house. Guess it wasn't and isn't my day! 

We had to hurry and take the van to the shop. Came home and now we are getting ready to leave again to Olympia. Patrick is getting another CT scan and they have him for 9 pm tonight. It's a busy, busy day for both of us. It's going to be a long night I believe. 

I don't think I can count giving quilts away as being Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


No comments:

One Appointment After Another

This morning we were able to sleep in, but of course, I couldn't. I let Patrick sleep in though. Then I played on my games.  I received ...