Tuesday, April 19, 2022

A Day In Vancouver And Portland

This morning we left around 10:30 am to head to Vancouver. We had an appointment with the TSA check. Patrick had filled out papers for us to be able to do the pre-check at the airports when we travel. Today we had an appointment to get the approval for TSA. Since Patrick's appointment was 10 mins before mine, we waited and were able to go in at the same time. They actually had 2 people scheduled at the same time. It was interesting to see not many people were coming in, yet the receptionist stated they were booked. At least that's what she told the 2 people who came in to see if they could do a walk in. 

After that we headed to Portland Airport area. Mom was due in at 4:35 pm. The flight kept getting moved and ended up being 5 pm instead. We went to the shopping area by the airport and walked around. I got some pants and shorts at Old Navy. We even went into Marshall's and the golf shop. I bought a nice table cloth that was more for the spring/summer than winter/fall. Most of my table clothes are for winter/fall. Then we spent another 45 mins in the car enjoying the Starbucks drinks. By that time we headed to the airport and waited. Patrick saw a couple people in wheel chairs arriving at the baggage area. I walked over to see mom was one of them. Would you believe her luggage was the second one on the belt?! Everything went smoothly. 

Next stop was the Old Spaghetti Factory in Vancouver WA. Food was awesome. I got a ravioli with crab. It was okay. I should have just had the spaghetti in brown butter and cheese! lol I wanted that more after I was done! lol - I know - good food!!

My patterns arrived today. I have the Emerald - 5 Golden Rings, February Turtle Doves, and Sapphire, September's Ladies Dancing! I was thrilled. I need to try one to see if I can make them. I'm going to work on it. It's interesting how they go together. 

So, no, my day was not stitching - even when I was wishing I took it with me - but it was a good day after all. I'll work tomorrow on being Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting! 




No comments:

Embroidery Day

This morning, I was able to sleep a little longer. Then I got everything ready for my embroidery meeting.  I was out the door early, hoping ...