Saturday, April 2, 2022

Still Working

 This morning I was ready to work on another quilt top. I played a little before going downstairs. Needed to work on getting the room warm. 

Took this apart the other day. Patrick thought of using some busy fabric as a panel. 

This fabric piece is going to be hard to figure out something for the quilts. I'll get there. 


But this won't work. I tried, but I just couldn't get over how busy it was. It was a good though. 


So, I finally decided on this. The fabric between the blocks are stripped with small stars. The photo doesn't show it that well. It didn't take long to do this once I got started. I'm not crazy about it, but when I tried so many different things, this was a better way to go. Not as busy. Had to add stars to get the patriotic look. I hope it worked. I'm not going to add a border, just have the binding do the border. 


Of course I had more blocks left over. I put this on the floor so I can "work" with it. I need to think about what will work and what won't. The center needs to be bordered and the stars taken off. I do have fabric with the stars, so can add a better border of them. I don't know how much I will need. Just thinking right now. 


I then decided to work on this on. I have the red with white stars that I will be thinking about using on the border of the bird. I think leaving the rest of it white will look good. May have to do another border on the outer part. Again, thinking about this one as well. 


Told Sophie I was done and wanted to go upstairs. Got this look from her. So, I left her there to get some book keeping work done. That was another hour plus work. Now, I know I don't have bills to pay, just had to remind people they were over due with their water bill. 


Guess she got tired of bugging me. My chair is taken over! Guess I'm on the coach while she snores in my chair! 

We will be leaving soon for a play. Love the plays at Evergreen Playhouse. I'm excited about it. My chest is still a little painful but it's clearing up. I will have to use the monitor in another position on Monday. "One Flew Over The Coco's Nest" is the play. I'm not sure how it will be but I do think they do an awesome job. "Mama Meya" will be next month. Mom leaves Tuesday so we had to change it to today so she can see it. 

At least my day was being Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!




No comments:

Visiting With Friends

Today I was up with Patrick. He headed to golfing and I wanted on Gerilyn to pick me up. We had our embroidery meeting today.  We arrived on...