Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Got A Late Start

 This morning I had a message from someone and then another. Once I had the messages figured out and knew Val was coming over, I talked with Patrick about taking the fabric to Sandy's sister. She had asked if I had some for cross stitch and I did. Then Val arrived and we talked about what she could do with her panel. I even gave her another that could work if she decided she didn't want to do the one she had. It was all out of whack. 

Then Patrick brought a box in. It was the threads for Connie. So, that added to what I needed to do. First things first. I went out and helped Patrick with the tree branches that were in the yard. Loaded the truck and got all my "to do" stuff. Then we were off. First to the dump, then to Sandy's. I stayed and chatted for a little bit. Then we headed to Connie's. I picked up 3 more quilts. We stopped at Safeway for some things so I can make a pudding for Patrick. It's a cookie pudding without the cookies. Then we headed to Nancy's and gave her the quilts. Once that was done, we went to Georgie's and dropped off some fabric for her. By that time, Patrick asked if we could go home. I agreed with him and he headed back home. 

It was time for me to get back to work on the ornament. I was hoping to get it done today, but I had to make the last 2 tassels first. 


Once the tassels where done. I got to work on the beading around the top of the ornament. Patrick and I got to talking. That lead me to showing him the one I was thinking of doing for this year. I showed him the patterns online and then next thing I knew, I bought 3 more patterns from Debbie Moffet-Hall's website. I love her ornaments. I didn't get all 12 days before Christmas, but I did get 3 of them. I didn't get the first one. I will later on. 

Got up to find a few more beads and found Sophie fast asleep in my chair. I then did my exercises. Once that was done, she was still there. Which meant I would finish the top of the ornament in Patrick's chair. She's getting pretty bad. Even at night, I can't get her to move so I can get some sleep. It's almost too funny!

So, now I have the top done. I need to add the tassels and then it will be completed! That will be tomorrow. I'm looking forward to having another finish so soon after the last one. This has been fun, and I'm actually looking forward to working on this years gift. Which will keep me in the mood of Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Embroidery Day

This morning, I was able to sleep a little longer. Then I got everything ready for my embroidery meeting.  I was out the door early, hoping ...