Wednesday, April 6, 2022

What A Day!

 This morning at 4 am, I had to fix my monitor. Then went back to sleep. When I woke, I noticed the heart monitor moved. So, I had to fix it again. Since my skin is getting better, I may change the monitor to the position I had when I first started. 

Patrick left before I was up. He went golfing. I cleaned up a little. Then started loading the car with all the stuff I need to take tomorrow for QOV presentation. I'm still needing to add a few more things to the car. Right now, it's fine. What's left won't take long and may just be 1 load. I plan to put labels on 3 quilts tonight so I can add that to the pile going to the museum tomorrow. 

I needed to work on my quilt top, so we can use it for a demo tomorrow. Just when all the phone calls were done, Patrick came home. He was so tired. Said he only got 9 holes in and couldn't go any farther. While he slept on the couch, I went downstairs to get ready for tomorrow. 

I added the bottom part. Then I had to cut the border fabric. As I measured this, I realized it's not long enough. So, I think I'm going to add a bigger border on the top and bottom with a 2 1/2" border on the sides. The top and bottom will be 5 1/2". I decided to use the bright blue fabric. 

I put the white done on that side and think that's what I'm going to do. I like the red on the left. I haven't decided on which red I'm going to do. It's going to have a strip of white, red, white in that spot. I'm not sure what I will do on the last strip. I need to make the center bigger and longer. So, that will be a work in process. I am planning to use the blue with stars fabric. That will work pretty good there. Just how wide I will make the sides is what will be an issue. More to think about. 

Then came up and fixed supper. I decided to call it quits for a short time to play games. Next I'm going to add the labels on the 3 quilts to get them out of the house. I still need to finish the binding on my quilt. Who knows, that may be done this weekend. Looks like we will do another presentation on the 24th since the 2 brothers that we were trying to get quilts for cancelled again. So, now we only have 2 people for tomorrow. 

It has kept me busy being Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Visiting With Friends

Today I was up with Patrick. He headed to golfing and I wanted on Gerilyn to pick me up. We had our embroidery meeting today.  We arrived on...