Friday, May 27, 2022

Applique & Family History

 This morning I needed to get off to moms. I was early. Only because I was worried about the traffic on I-5. I was the first to arrive. Mom invited another Nancy to the group. We had 9 of us today and were missing about 2 or 3 of the group. I told mom if it gets too busy I will stop coming or just leave. I don't like it "crowded." She didn't like that comment and and said I would have to pick another day to spend time together. I told her the last time we did that, all these people were added. She said it was my fault for asking Nancy. I wanted to say, "and it's your fault for everyone else," but I didn't. 

I worked on sewing the labels to the dryer sheets. Then I sewed 3 labels onto 3 quilts. That kept me busy for awhile. Brother Patrick was packing up and heading out with his wife. They were stopping in OR to visit with their daughter and then head all the way to Vegas. We had a good visit. 

Came home and found a letter from a Matheson relative. So, I spend the afternoon working on getting his information in my computer and then printing what I have. I had more information then he did, but he had stuff I didn't have. It worked out great. I printed the descendant list of William Matheson forward. I have more past him but thought I would just send that to him. 

This quilt was made from the kit that was given to the group to make. I like how it came out. Connie did all the piecing and quilting for this one. She does a beautiful job on the quilts she makes. I need to get back to working on that quilt downstairs - 

I just need to go down there and work on it. I'm still thinking, but once I get started, the thought process will come to me. I have ideas, and that's what I need. It's been waiting a tad too long to be worked on. 

My day was busier than it has been in a long time. Putting labels on quilts is technique applique. Even though I still have a ton of applique that needs to get done. Which I keep telling myself,  "I'm working on getting back to Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!"

 

No comments:

I Have Had Better Days

This morning, I woke early. Was in a little pain.  It's more skin pain then inside pain. But that's part of life.  My day was pretty...