Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Spending The Day With Mom

This morning I enjoyed a little time with Patrick. Then he went off to play golf while I headed over to moms to take her to Costco. 

We started out (thinking) we would drop off the trash she had. Then we headed up to Olympia. Arrived at Costco and ended up waiting for her appointment. First we returned some coffee she bought. Then sat and chatted while we waited on the gal for her appointment. Mom was getting her hearing aids today. She went in about 15 mins past her appointment time. Then I had to wait about 10 mins while the gal went over some stuff with mom. I then came in and chatted with both. Mom could hear a little better. Her hearing is going but so far it's been holding on. She like the new hearing aids. We then picked up a few things that mom wanted. I didn't get anything because Patrick and I usually like going together. That was another hour or so. 

On the way home mom wanted to stop at Big Boys for lunch. I agreed. So, we drove to Little Rock exit and got off. Then had lunch. That was a good hour there as well. We both had a hamburger, which was really good. 

Then it was home. First we had to stop at Nancy's to get a cake for mom. After a short visit we took moms trash and Nancy's to the dump. It was full. I couldn't believe we took the trash all the way to Costco and then back. We ended up putting some of the Costco stuff in the back seat because of the trash. UGH

I picked up blocks from Georgie and headed home. Finally getting home at 3 pm. I then decided to let Patrick enjoy the deck and I beaded. 

Another 6 rows are done. I finished one book on audio and started another. I seem to be enjoying the books as much as beading this project. Tomorrow is another day and I'll be working on something. Not sure what yet. Seems I can't plan anything without having something come up. 

Mom has to go back to Costco in 2 weeks, so I will probably be taking her. Not crazy about it, but I can do it. I'm just thankful I was able to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

 

No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...