Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Hello "Hump Day"

 This morning was a quiet one. Patrick to my surprise was up before me. 

Patrick went off to meet some ex-co-workers for coffee. While he was gone, I went downstairs to work on the quilt on the wall. I needed to get moving on finishing a quilt. That thing has been bugging me for over a month, if not 2. We all know how that goes. We stare at it, thinking what we can do. Then we walk away and think some more. It's a never ending process, if I let it be. Never ending - meaning never finishing. 


I knew the panel is off white, but I don't have any that I can use. So, white it is. I squared up the flag part and sewed it onto the panel. Patrick said afterwards that it should have gone on the bottom, but it will be okay. I may or may not redo it. Then I did the block to the top left. Made it bigger actually. My mind was going, "Not quiet right," "Now what?," "Can I do this right?" All the questions I get tired of figuring it out. So, I called it done. 


I vacuumed and worked on laundry. Then I sat down to bead. I put another 10 rows in today. I like this so much I can't wait to get it done! I have more things to work on, but this seems to have my attention right now. 

Patrick came home and I told him about the quilt downstairs. He asked if he could see it. Heck yes! He can see it! He's my idea's guy!! 


We talked about this. Moved the panel part up and NOW I know what I'm going to do! He had a really good idea, and I'm going to do it. I will work on the other 3 corner blocks to look like the top left one. Once that is done, I will work on the strips that I will do on the sides. Last, I will do the strip on the bottom and call it done. I don't think it will need a border. Patrick thought the binding in red would do the trick. I'm thinking he's right!

Debbie dropped off 4 quilts that have the binding on them. So, I decided to get started on one of my quilts. 


Of course Sophie just came and sat down while I was getting it ready to do the binding. Patrick tried to get her attention, but she was having none of that. Guess she thought the quilt was hers. I finally had to put her on the floor. She didn't like that, and came back. Guess quilts in this house have to get her approval. 

I realized it's hump day. I have a ton of things to do on Friday and will have to make a list before I leave in the morning. I would like to work on my genealogy but there are more pressing things that I need to do. Plus, beading is top on that list even though it shouldn't be. But after all, that's what keeps me Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...