Thursday, June 23, 2022

Spent The Day With Mom - Looking For A Pattern

This morning I heard Patrick leave early for more blood tests. I got up and showered to find he was back already. 

He headed to golf and I headed to moms. We planned to find a Hawaiian pattern for Bob who is our physical therapist. Mom thought it was out in the garage....NOPE. We ended up cleaning out 2 tubs of stuff. Fabric and other stuff. I brought home 2 rulers that she wasn't needing. I think one of them was mine anyway. We then went into the spare bedroom closet and there were photos of my 2nd great grandparents. I hadn't seen them. Plus a cartoon of me that was done back in 1980. Think I paid $5 for it. I completely forgot about it. I will bring it back home one of these days. We cleaned up the closet as well....still no patterns. I then went into moms closet and right in front was a box labeled "Hawaiian quilt patterns." We then pulled the box out and went through the patterns. We found 8 patterns that looked like fun and think Bob will like. When we called to see if we could get an appointment with him, his wife was there. We had to think on our feet, as she doesn't know anything about it. It's for her. Left a message for him to call mom back. 

After all that, I headed to the Onalaska quilt shop to pick up some fabric that I put on hold on the Facebook account.  I also picked up some more red that I used on the last 2 quilt tops. It's a perfect color that works great. 

Came home to find Patrick home. He wasn't looking good. He was tired and said he didn't do very good at golf. I'm getting worried about him. 

I sat down and worked on my genealogy. Entering information from some of my papers. I then filed them and put them away. 

Now I'm just going to call it a day and be ready for tomorrow's Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!



No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...