Saturday, June 4, 2022

Back To My Quilt Top

 If you haven't read the "Slow And Steady....." the other day, then you might like to read that first. This is a follow up from that. 

I decided to get this quilt top done and get it to Connie. I wanted to get blocks out of the way that have been here for a good long time. They are blocks that are hard to work with. Or at least the 4 blocks are. I had a good idea.....

Till I messed up! I didn't measure the block AFTER I added the stars. I measured them BEFORE! So, good intentions didn't work here. This is where the brain goes, "Do I take it all out and redo it?" Not me! I called Patrick down and asked his advice. The question was, "Do I take it out?" or "Do I add another strip?" He thought I was doing something else, so I got him all confused. 


I laid down that red in that spot, and Patrick said it worked. I saved myself extra work. It actually worked out better than what I was going to do. I do agree with Patrick, the flag should have been on the bottom, but I didn't take it apart when he said that. This works, and I'm okay with it. I ended up doing the strips and then attaching them to the blocks. Once that was done, I ended up sewing the 3 together, the long way. I do like the way it came out. 

While I was working on this, I was thinking of all the blocks I have. So, I took out the stars and started to play. Since I have over 20 of them. 


I grabbed a panel to work with. I only have 1 red star, and first though was to put that in the corner. I called Patrick down, yet again. He thought there are too  many stars. I told him I have a ton of them! Dang. He said to add a square blue or something. Okay I can do that. More thought.....still thinking.....Ok, let's try this!


"Patrick - get your math on!" We worked out where the stars will go and measured to work it out. We did the math, and came up with this idea. I will work on the stars tomorrow and hopefully will have it finished and ready to go to Connie as well. He had a good idea, and I'm going with it. I will take these stars down, because they are moms. I will put Georgie's (same as moms) and that way I have another quilt with her work. She's always asking for photos, and since most of her blocks are still here or with someone else to make a top out of.....I can have another quilt with her blocks. 

Then I came upstairs to enjoy my evening. I added the label to my quilt, which is now ready to go to the museum. I started another binding on Connie's quilt. 


Got one side done. I was also playing on my tablet. I will take a photo of them when I have this one done. I need to keep track of all the QOV quilts now. 

My day was busy but fun. I did enjoy being Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!


No comments:

An Early Start

This morning, Patrick was up at 6 am. I followed around 6:25 am. lol We were ready and out the door by 7 am to get to Patrick's oncology...