Saturday, June 11, 2022

Same Thing Both Days

 I realized this morning I hadn't done my blog last night. Not sure why. It was a day at moms for quilting. I took the quilts that I have for stitching down bindings. I also had to get QOV "volunteer logs" entered into the computer to share with Ricardo. He's helping us determine how long it takes to make a quilt for each veteran. Since so many of us do the quilts, each person has a different time that it takes to do blocks, tops and more. 

Came home and pretty much just enjoyed the rest of the day with Patrick. I didn't get home till about 3:30 pm because mom needed some help. So, I spend 2 hours helping her out. 

We went out to eat. Poor Patrick is having trouble eating. Nothing tastes good, and he's dry mouth has everything tasting like paste. We did pick up some strawberries for him. Hope it helps. It's not going to help with weight though. He's loosing weight so fast lately. 

This morning I was up and playing some games. I worked on finishing the binding of the one quilt that Connie made. There isn't a pillow case, so I will have to work on that. I started Val's quilt for her father. The binding is about half done. I want to get this all done for Wednesday when we have a presentation again. 

So, when it comes down to it, I only worked on binding quilts. Not much else. I keep wanting to go down and put the quilt top together. I keep wanting to go sit at the table and work on my beading as well. No such luck. 


One stitch at a time. I'm happy with getting this done. We have some really pretty quilts! One of the good news we have is that Georgie's husband finally said he wanted a quilt. He'll get a quilt that she helped stitch the blocks to. 

The bad news today is that our neighbor passed away on May 10th, when we found out we had covid. We didn't know, till Patrick talked to his wife and asked about him. I called Cherry and she said she already knew. She thought we did too. Told her nope. Then mom's cleaning ladies husband passed away 2 days ago. It's not a good month so far. 

I keep my chin up and stay Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching! 


No comments:

Trying To Do More

This morning Patrick headed to golfing and I got laundry going. I was in pain this morning, and all through the day. I just let it be. It...