Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Another Top - Rip, Rip, Rip

 Yep, the frog arrived today. 

I went downstairs to work on my quilt top. I gave Debbie the stars for the one I had on the wall. So, I ended up starting all over. 

The panel was a smaller one, so I needed bigger blocks. Thank goodness Georgie gave me some 16" squares. So, I added the red around the panel. 

I measured. I cut. OOPS, wrong size. Found that out after sewing 2 of the white sides on. Ripped that out.  I measured and cut again. My math was off. DANG! I'm usually good at math! I sewed the side block to the star. OOPS, put right side to wrong side. UGH, rip out time. One side done. Time for the next side. UGH! sewed right side to wrong side AGAIN. TIMES 2. Ripped that out again. Re-sewed. Called it DONE! Will finish it tomorrow or later. What a pain! If my head was in the game, I could have finished it today! Oh, well. Have plenty of white that will fill in on the top and bottom now. 

Patrick wanted to go out to eat. So, we went to Wendy's. He asked for plain - no cheese. He got plain with cheese. When they re-did it, it was dry. Poor guy. Food was awful for him. 

Came home and played a couple games. Then went to get some genealogy stuff to enter into my program. I'm going to spend the evening working on genealogy, I think. We finally reached 70 degrees today. It's nice but feels hot because we've been in the 50's. This week is supposed to get to the 80's. We can hope. 

Things are looking up - even though I have to rip my work out. I will have to work on making sure the white is facing the right way. I did notice the blocks have some that are showing the back. I didn't do the blocks, so I'm not changing them. I can change my own work. And I did. That's almost Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Still Thinking Positive

 This morning it was raining. Patrick decided not to go golfing. I don't blame him. I was able to get up and shower with little help tod...