Friday, June 3, 2022

My Usual Fridays

 This morning I went downstairs to get labels prepped for the quilts. I cut 4 and had 2 ready. Then I sewed the dry sheet to them and took them with me. I was out the door by 8:40 am. THINKING the bank would be open - Yea right! Then I went to Rite Aid realizing (from working there years ago) that they don't have pharmacy open till 9 am. So my next stop was Post Office. I was able to take care of that and then headed BACK to Rite Aid. Only one of the meds was available and I was told to come back in the afternoon. Okay, not the day I wanted - at least so far. Headed to the eye doctors to get lenses - yes LENSES - put in my glasses. It's going to cost me $430!! Just for the lenses. Yep, not my day so far. 

Got to moms. Was surprised I was the only one there so far. 5 mins later, they started arriving. I had the quilts with me. Gave 2 out and logged them in my book. Nancy gave mom a quilt. So, I logged that one in as well. It was one of mine. I'm finding about 4 quilts that are mine. I worked on binding the quilt I started yesterday. Mom started stitching on it too. When we got to the place were I needed more quilt, I gave it to her and started stitching on another binding. Mom got to the last 12" of the binding when I packed it up to come home. I left her the other one I was working on. 

About the time I wanted to leave, mom needed me to hook the TV up to her hearing aids. Then she needed me to get her shoes from Amazon - don't ask me why. She buys from Amazon all the time. I seriously don't understand that. 

I was finally able to leave around 2:30 pm. My next stop was Rite Aid and my sons. Then the bank. It was so nice to finally get home about 3:30 pm. We left about an hour later to go out to eat. Took a drive as well because we were too early for the reservations. Had to stop at Connie's and drop off some nomination forms. We finally got the Dick's Brewery for supper. I had the dip. It wasn't that good this time. Patrick gave me a bite of his Prime Rib steak and it was so tough I had to spit it out. I couldn't get it to the point of swallowing. First time that's ever happened to me. 

Came home and I decided to play on the tablet. I did get the last 12" of the quilt stitched down. I need to add the label and then it's done. I have 2 or 3 more in the bag and need to sew those up. I will work on that after I get the quilt top done downstairs. I'm "planning" on getting it done tomorrow. We'll see. I was going to go to Bev's funeral services but I told Sandy I'm not going to make it. It's too depressing and I'm trying to get out of "depression" as it is. If I go, I'll be back to not wanting to do anything. So, I'm calling it good. I told her I really do want to go, but don't want to get back to that point right now. Beverly Ramsey, forgive me, and may you rest in Peace. Love yea!

As busy as my day was, it was nice to be Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Visiting With Friends

Today I was up with Patrick. He headed to golfing and I wanted on Gerilyn to pick me up. We had our embroidery meeting today.  We arrived on...