Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Decided To Finish A QOV Top

Today I was really not in the mood to do much. Till I MADE myself go downstairs and see what I could do. I figured IF I got moving with the quilt top, I'd get it finished today. So, I started........and AGAIN made a math error!! I was always good at math, but for some reason quilts are not where I'm good at math. I thought I had the top of the panel done. Yeah, nope! I ended up taking it out and trying again, this time rethinking it and using the calculator. Better chance of getting it right that way!

Once I had the white pieces between the stars figured out, it went really easy. I had it all put together in about 3 hours. I added the red border and Patrick said it make the quilt pop. I like it. Just wish my block makers would make 12 blocks and not just 8 or 10. Even 10 would have worked great. Oh, well. I do like the way it came out. 

Played with the scrap blocks that were put together by Val. Patrick came down and said he thought it would look better with a panel. So, I pulled out this panel to work with. I put 8 of the scrap blocks one way and then the other. I wanted to look it over to see which way I liked it better. Patrick said the left side. I'm liking them both but will probably do the left. If I have more to do another, then I will probably do it with the right. I may have to add another row of the blocks but not too worried about that. I'm going to sew a few of the blocks together and figure out if I need to border the panel or not. If not, I like the way it is right now. 

That was pretty much all I did. I did get a message from BDEIG that I am now Marketing Chair. Not liking it and Sandy V said she would help. Trouble with that is that she isn't around. I'm stuck. As if I don't have enough stuff going on. I will post the information on the learning classes that will be Virtual on my Brazilian embroidery blog. I write more about my embroidery on that blog then I do here. 

It turned out to be a good day of Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

One Appointment After Another

This morning we were able to sleep in, but of course, I couldn't. I let Patrick sleep in though. Then I played on my games.  I received ...