Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Another Blah Day!

Today I wasn't in the mood to do anything but play games. I couldn't get myself to go downstairs and work on the quilt top I have on the wall. I did get Patrick to help me pick out the red to use on it. I will work on it tomorrow. 

In the meantime, we watched movies and just relaxed all day. Even Patrick didn't go out and work in the yard. Guess we both are in that weird place. 

He did get us set up for a trip to Michigan again. As well as starting us off for the trip to Panama that was missed due to Covid. 


I made a new recipe. It's crullers. It came out awesome, but found that I didn't like "brushing" on the frosting. It didn't come out anything like the picture did in the recipe. Brushing, I don't recommend. 


I brushed (like they said) the orange glaze on. Then I made a vanilla glaze and dripped them in that. That actually was better and was like what one gets at a bakery. I will make sure the next time I make them, to dip them and not brush them. They tasted awesome!! I had to have at least 3 when I was done. That was our dessert. I had to wait half the day for the eggs and butter to be room temp. I don't mind, it turned out great! I can even use the base recipe for the dough and make doughnuts. Or filled doughnuts. Well worth trying! Even Patrick can eat these, so you can count they will be gone by noon tomorrow. I did freeze about 8 of them and gave about 5 of them to the neighbors. Not sure why he only took 5. 

More TV and now it's time to call it a day. Blah, Blah, Blah, day. Nothing exciting. Nothing new. Not even Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...