Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Blah Day

 Today started out with phone calls that woke us up. First Patrick got junk calls then I got a few calls from friends. 

I pretty much played games today. I really didn't know what I wanted to do. I didn't want to watch TV and I didn't really want to work on my beads. I thought I would start the cat, but figured out I marked the fabric on the wrong side. I then washed the pencil marks out and ironed it. Then I sprayed it with starch. Once all that was done I could get moving. 


I got the light box out and marked the fabric.  I had marked it before but having it marked on both sides wasn't a good idea. Hence the washing. I have it all marked and ready to go. Trouble is, it's up to me to decide what stitches I'm going to put on it. UGH  I have to think crazy quilt. So, that's going to get me going. I need to check out a lot of different stitches to see what I want to do on it. It should be fun, just not there yet. May wait till Monday to work with the others to see what we can do. 

I went looking for the other cat design that was given out last year or the year before. The issue it says it's supposed to be in, it wasn't. I will keep looking. I know I have it. 

I worked on QOV certificates for the veterans we will be honoring Saturday. We have 4. But we have 28 that need to receive quilts. Told Nancy to get 7 each time now. We can handle that. Plus it's just once a month for awhile. 

Other than that, it turned out to be a beautiful "blah" day. Weather was great. Me not so much. Wonder if the killings are starting to unnerve me. Breaks my heart. I don't want this site to be political because I want it to be something to enjoy after the end of the day. Even though boring is in there too! 😅

Tomorrow Patrick golfs and then we go see my brother before he heads back to Vegas. Not worried about it either way. 😉

So, no, today was not Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...