Monday, May 16, 2022

Back At It

I didn't want to go to embroidery today. I still feel a little uncomfortable about going out right now. I will tomorrow though. 

So, while Patrick went up to Olympia, I stayed home and worked on laundry. He ended up being in Olympia for 2 hours because there was 21 people in front of him at the lab area. That was only 45 mins. When he tried to get on the freeway to come home, he couldn't. They were doing work on the on ramps. So, he was driving around Olympia to try and get back home. He called saying he couldn't get out of Olympia (short message - his was longer! lol). While he was talking to me, he finally found an on ramp that was open. Said he tried 3 different on ramps and they were doing construction on them. The detour signs went on for a little while and then quit. I couldn't help but laugh!

While he was trying to get home, I decided to work on my cross stitch. I thought about pulling out my beading and changed my mind. I need to see how many beads I need for my project of Sophie. 

I decided to work on the gold area as well as the coat. I was able to work my way up to the noise. I have one white spot in the green area that I need to fill in. Otherwise it's pretty much done. I was able to get a lot done today and enjoyed every minute of working on it. I don't like working with the gold, but I'm getting there. I will add the gold to the coat and then start working toward the left. I think I want to get the bottom done and work my way up. It's a good bit to work with. I mostly did the gold and green today. I did add some red, but not a lot. It will be coming back pretty soon. 

I had a couple phone calls today and enjoyed it. I have Val coming over on Friday. Patrick and I were talking about what we would do for my Birthday. I think we will go out to Red Lobster on Saturday, but we will do stuff on Wednesday. I really want to spend time with Patrick on my Birthday. We may go to the movies tomorrow - even though he's going golfing. 

Today was a better day for me. I was feeling pretty good. Tonight is the last of the meds except for the cough capsule. One more day. Then I will go back to taking my normal pills. This Covid stuff has been a major pain in my behind, but then I look around and realize it's not that bad. We have a good life compared to others and if this is what we have to deal with, we are fine. It's not that bad after all. 

I'm just happy (to be back to) being Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting! 

 

No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...