Friday, May 20, 2022

Needed Placemats!

Today I knew Val was coming over, so I went downstairs and looked at my stack of fat-quarters. I decided to make placemats to make up for the 2 we had to get rid of. They somehow got cut and had a big hole in them. So, I decided on greens. I have plenty and not doing much with my fabrics right now. 

I had decided not to go to moms today. Really not ready to be in a crowd, let alone applique today. I do have more quilts that need the bindings stitched down, but that can wait. 

I pulled some out and cut them into strips. Then I took the strips up to Patrick to see what he liked. He decided on the arrangement and I was okay with that. After cutting the strips Val showed up and we talked about QOV quilts. She dropped off her top and I need to cut backing and batting for that tomorrow. I was going to do that today, but forgot after I had the bindings on the placements. 

One mat is different from the rest because I ran out of the red and orange star print. I have one on one side and another color on the other. I think if you look closely, one would find it. Other than that, I have them all the same. I put the bindings on 4. Only made 4 this time. I didn't have enough fabric of 2 colors to continue to 6, let alone 5. 

I used my Australian fabric on the back. It's the fabric that Cynda gave me years ago. I can remember her when we use them. She's the one that was murdered by her husband. The fabric is a fun fabric. I have other fabrics that Ros gave me as well. I will do something with them as well. I need to work on using up the fabrics I have. It would help with down sizing on the fabrics. Been thinking of Ros this week. I need to sent her an email to see how she's doing with the business of photos. 

Like I said earlier, I stitched the binding on 2 of the 4 mats. I have 2 more to go and will try to do those tomorrow. No real big hurry. Think I made Patrick happy when I started working on these. He mentioned it the other day and I said I could make them. He was probably thinking it would be a few months or a year before I got to them. They are easy enough to make. I had the back and batting there as I stitched the strips on. That way it's "quilted" on the back. Worked out great for me.

I'm jumping around again! I am at least Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

 

No comments:

Got A Little Carried Away

 This morning I felt so good. It was the first night since we got back that I have had a good nights sleep. It was good for me. Even though ...