Tuesday, August 2, 2022

A Quiet Day To Myself

Patrick was off golfing. I stayed home. One of those days were I was trying to decide what I wanted to do. Do I go downstairs and work on another top? Do I work on my beading? Do I do laundry and call it good? Should I get the certificates done? Do I have everything I need for membership? Now what?!

That was my dilemma. WHAT TO DO! 

I went downstairs to work on the quilt top.......yeah, NO. All that batting and backing I did the other day is PILED on my workstation. Did I feel like cleaning it up? - Yeah, NO. - When I saw it would take a good half hour to an hour to get to the point where I could use the cutting board, that was enough!

Okay, that didn't work. Now let's go bead. Oh, wait, it's lunch time. So, I ate instead. Then I cleaned up the area where my beads are. Put some papers where they needed to go. Only about 2 minutes of work. 

Sat down to bead. 

Halfway through I realized I needed to do my certificates for the presentation tomorrow. I also needed to fill my glass with tea. Patrick got home. I had 3 rows done and 3 rows on the board to put on. Got up and went to get the certificates done. Last one was printed on paper not card stock. Had to come up and get card stock and do it again after I already put the thumb drive away. Sophie was watching me. I think I drove her nuts because I wasn't staying in one place. 

Back to beading. Finished 4 more rows and called it done! 7 rows total. Hey, not bad! 

Called mom and she's still not feeling good. I'm getting a little worried about her. If we go on our trip, is she going to be okay? I may not be able to get ahold of her, since we will be out of range. I will stop and see her tomorrow before heading to Nancy's. 

I enjoyed listening to my book. It was quiet and cool compared to the last few days. Heat is going to be hotter next week, but we will be in MI. So I'm okay with that. It was a nice day to be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!

  

No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...