Monday, August 22, 2022

The Start Of A Busy Week

 This morning I was up and ready to head to Hope Grange. I had an appointment to pick up fabric for our QOV group. 

We were a few minutes early and one gal was there. We walked into the grange, and Patrick whispered to me, "You hit the mother load!"  The tables (2 long ones) was full of stacks of fabric. It was washed, ironed and folded! There was enough fabric to load the truck with. 


 Within 10 mins we were back on the road and heading home. As we are heading home, Patrick said we need to take the big bookshelf downstairs and empty it for the fabric to be stored. SHOCK. I agreed and said we didn't have to because we got the containers from mom. He said it would be easier to see if we do that. I'M GAME! We got home and he told me to go on to my BE meeting. He would unload for me. **Love this guy!**

I headed over to the meeting. Sandy was there, Cindy was having trouble finding a road that wasn't blocked so she could come. She arrived about 30 mins after me. MAN! She missed us! Talk about talkative! I told about our trip to Sandy. Cindy was chatty and didn't get to see much about my trip. That's okay. We had an awesome visit. I actually pulled out the "Ruth's Farewell" piece and worked on finishing the flowers I was working on. Didn't get much done, did more chatting. 

Came home and started working on the applications for QOV. There were 45 applications I needed enter. I was able to get about 25 done. I have a stack to do more. We counted the applications and figured we received 106 applications for quilts. Some of those will go to Olympia. A couple went out of state. I figure we will end up with about 75. The state coordinator has asked if we need some help. She's going to put a call out for quilt tops and quilts. It will be awesome if we get quilts and tops from more groups. We have helped other groups when we can. This would be great. I can pick stuff up in Olympia is Cindy gets them. 

I also worked on the bowling rules for Sunday. Once that was done, I worked on the bowling teams we have. I have stuff ready for Patrick to take to the bowling alley when he goes on Thursday. I still need to do the minutes and get my stuff ready for listing who paid. Patrick spent an hour working on the rules for me. He fixed the wording. I used last years that Theresa did for me. He also added a few things from the meeting that were different. I took out the part about the TV. 

I went downstairs to clean up my room. 

I wanted to have room for folding if we need to. I will add the fabric that we have to the fabric they gave us. Debbie is coming over Wednesday to help me organize and I think Nancy will stop by as well. 

Of course, Sophie had to watch me clean up. 

Patrick loaded the fabric in the basement while I was gone. What a sweetheart!! This will be fun to see what all we have! I can't wait for Debbie to show up! Tomorrow is my day with Patrick. We will be heading to Olympia for his treatment. 

As it turned out - even though busy - it was the start of a busy week. AND I was really Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...