Friday, August 19, 2022

What A Day!!

 This morning I headed to moms. I dropped some apples and blueberries off at Phil's. Stopped and got mom a Chai Tea. 

It was good to see her. We ended up working on the Hawaiian quilt that we are doing for Bob. We had to go to the Gathering Place to lay the fabric out to cut it. We are having to sew pieces together, because he wants it to be 120" square. We ended up cutting 3.75 yards to get the length we needed. Mom has enough left over for another quilt if she wants to do it. Just not as big. Once we did that, came back to moms and worked on getting the labels ready to sew onto the quilts. I will probably be working on sewing the bindings on a couple quilts. I need one of mine done for my Uncle who we are doing on the 3rd. 

I finally came home around 2:30 pm. the traffic was busy on the freeway. Hard to believe how busy it gets every week, let alone day. We didn't have half that traffic 10 years ago. 

I got busy on the application forms that Nancy gave me for QOV. I had 32 applications to work on and did all but 5. I will finish those tomorrow. Nancy also told me she has 17 more from today. I can't wait for the fair to be over, so I won't be getting any more. We figured we will have about 100 quilt requests by the time the fair is over. Only about 4 are going to other groups. 

I took a break and peeled apples. Patrick then watched the apples on the stove to make apple sauce. We got 7 containers done between last night and tonight. I got more tonight then last night. It tastes really good. I kept some out for tomorrow. 

At least at moms I was Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!



No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...