Thursday, August 18, 2022

Now That Everyone Knows I'm Back

Today Patrick was off golfing. That left me with a day to myself. At least I THOUGHT that. 

I did laundry and decided to watch some folding techniques of clothes. I found another way of folding clothes that didn't take as long. It's amazing how many different ways to fold clothes. Let alone sheets! I am going to try one of the ways for sheets this Sunday when we change them. I had fun folding the clothes - that looks better than what I was doing. I refolded all my jeans, shorts and leggings. It actually gave me room in my closet. I also noticed the T-shirts took less room. WOO HOO

Then Debbie stopped by before heading to the fair. She dropped off 7 quilts that need the bindings stitched down. I'm pretty sure most of those are hers and mine. I need to get stitching on those as well. Then I had a few calls for bowling. 

I took too long going out to pick blueberries! I got about 8 cups worth today. BUT I didn't drink much this morning and being out there in the heat, I realized I needed to come in the house. I could have gotten more blueberries but decided my health was more important. Took me all afternoon to get my breath back. I did drink a lot more as well. I bet we reached 100 degrees today - humite was part of that.

Patrick got home and I had to fix supper for him to head to his meeting. After supper we went out and picked some apples for apple sauce. I cut the apples and got them cooking by the time Patrick got home. Then we added the sugar and cinnamon to it while it was cooling. Patrick was sweet, he put the apple sauce in containers and took them out to the freezer. 

Debbie dropped off the applications for a QOV quilt. There were 16, and I entered all of them tonight. Nancy called and she has 31. I am going to teach her how to enter so she can see what is missing on the forms. That way I'm not having to call or email the person for more information. 

Now that everyone knows I'm back, I'm busy again with QOV and bowling. I talked to mom and I will be going over tomorrow.  We are going to work on the Hawaiian quilt for Bob. My uncle is getting a quilt on the 3rd as well. I need to get ready for the meeting on the 1st. Too much going on. Oh, and then I have to go to Hope Grange on Monday to collect a ton of fabric from the quilt group there. Debbie is going to help me sort out the fabric we get. I asked Patrick to take his truck and help me. He said he would. Will be interesting to see what we get. 

It's been nothing but busy stuff with cooking, QOV and bowling. I wanted to work on something today but didn't get there. I was happy to learn a little more about folding clothes though. It will make it fun to do that for the cruise and save some room. 

It wasn't a day of Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting! 



No comments:

Spending The Morning At Moms

This morning, I didn't sleep well. So, I was up and ready to go. I got a few things done before heading to moms. It's quilting Frida...