Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Was Without WIFI for 3 Day

 There is so much to chat about that now is the time to go get coffee or tea and read. I don't plan for it to be long, but who knows by the time I'm done. 

This is were I go back 3 days to fill you in on my trip. I'm home - but not telling anyone. I bet a few of you know me, so please don't tell on me. I wanted to have some down time before I get calls and everything else that goes on in my life. Bowling is coming up and that is something I have been working on since I got home.

Okay, 3 days ago. Susan, Christine and I went to the water rappits (sp). We decided to spend the day hiking while the guys went golfing. Patrick, Dennis and Dad were off golfing around Gladstone, MI. We were in Norway, MI taking a hike. A good hour drive from Gladstone. I love hiking in the woods. Good thing I had my tennis shoes because it was over a LOT of roots. 

Now, this is the PATH. We didn't stay on THIS path, we headed off on the side paths that are closer to the water. Even this path was covered in roots. Not so much but one can see them. 

This is more like what we went through. Susan is in the lead - as she has done this before. She used to live a couple miles away and brought her dogs just about every day. She knew where to go. Christine is in front of me. We had a good time! 

We found a few of these orange mushrooms. I have never seen an ORANGE mushroom in my life! 

I didn't see the slug till after I took the photo! 😂 We have plenty of those here.  Snugs, not orange mushrooms. 

Each path we took we were closer to the water. This was a pretty shot, so I took it. This is the calm area. 

This is the dangerous area. Both Susan and my niece got tangled in this mess and were lucky they lived throw it, as many have died here. Susan was enjoying the view while we waited for the rafters to come. 


We met this group earlier. They were on the way to stop before the rappits where Susan was sitting. They all get out and walk to the 3 areas they would be going through. If anyone decides they don't want to go in the raft, they walk down to were they will finish the rappits. We didn't see anyone deciding to do that. I did video 3 different groups going down. The 3 min video I did has all 4 boats in that group. I may post it later, when I figure out how to put in on. 

We ended up walking - hiking - for 3.4 miles. It was a good hike. My legs were feeling it by the time we were done. 

Then we headed to Iron Mountain for lunch. Once there we stop to check out Susan's old house. She didn't get it in the divorce, because her ex told her he would go after her if she ever did. He was crazy by then. The more I hear of him, the more I believe he was "mental." He passed a few years ago, so she doesn't have to worry about him now. 

We had lunch at Wendy's and then headed back to Christine's place. We were having supper out at the Pizza place. They decided not to meet till 6:30 pm. That didn't help me at all. Susan and dad were at the place we were to eat and it was closed. So, we ended up going to a family place and WAIT an hour for our food because of the orders ahead of us. Susan was ticked because she hated eating there. I wasn't impressed either. Food was okay, but not what I expected. 




Dennis took me for a ride in the corvette!! Made my day!! I loved it!

The next day we were up early and Susan took us to the doughnut shop in Escanaba. It was really good! I would have loved to have had that while we were there....even though I don't need doughnuts. 

Next it was on the way to Green Bay. We fly out at 5 pm. We left around 8 am, but the time change was in there too. We drove around to see Susan and Patrick's old home. Then to the schools they attended. It was really fun. They showed the swimming pool where they "lived" all summer long. Next stop was Kroll's. They used to have the best hamburgers and brots, but it wasn't as good as I wanted it - let's just say. The pineapple malt was the best! Of course, I gained a good 7 lbs while there! Oh, well. That's life and I enjoyed every minute of it!! Enough said. 

We were dropped at the airport and I pulled out my embroidery - why not, since we had to wait 5 hours before we boarded. 

 

Finally! A better photo! Amazing how hard it can get to take a photo! I am working on all the leaves. I really do like working on this one. I have a few stems to work on, but overall this is really coming along. I will do the flowers last. I'm not sure exactly how to do them but I will be working on them!


Just so we all know, I was able to start and finish these 2 panels for the next ornament. I know they aren't Christmas"ie" but it's still an ornament. I should work. If not, too bad! I like it and will do this one for this year. I have a Christmas one for next year. So far, I'm able to do an ornament a year. AND able to give 1 or 2 away at the same time. 

We arrived back in Portland at 10:30 pm. We were home by midnight and CRASHED. I didn't even unload the suitcases. We did that yesterday. I had been notified on the vacation that we needed to get the bowling meeting going. They wanted us to start early. So, I spent all day yesterday getting texts out and phone calls made. I need to double check the list - but Patrick's phone has all that information. He went to print it and the printer is out of ink. He ordered it yesterday and it's supposed to be here today. Then I can call the rest of the people on the list. We will have a full league. I'm happy for that. I'm getting everything ready for the meeting and trying to get stuff ready for our first night. I hope it will work out okay. 

AMAZING WHAT WE CAN DO WITHOUT WIFI!

As for today - it will be a wait and see. I will post tonight and let you know what my day was like. I'm hoping it will be Happy Stitching/Happy Quilting!


No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...