Friday, August 26, 2022

On My Feet All Day

This morning I was out the door by 9 am. My first stop was the church to pick up a quilt. Mom called right before I went into the church. She wanted to know if I was coming today. I told her I would be there after I get the quilt. 

Arrived at moms. Delivered all the stuff I loaded into the car for her. Books, fabric and jeans. I unloaded in her garage. Then we went to work on the Hawaiian quilt for Bob. I trimmed the folded yardage for the white fabric. Once that was done, we went into the sewing room and sewed the seams together. It was not easy, because of the yardage. 

We lined it all up. I was standing by her, moving the fabric out of the way. This was the last one we did. AFTER we did the white. We had to iron the seams of the white fabric. Then we folded it so we could get to the square size. Once that was done, mom cut off the extra fabric. There was about 52" on both sides that was cut off. She wanted to do the 3 seam method on the quilt. I think if we would have done the 1 seam it would have gone faster and easier. 

Just doing the white fabric took us a good 3 hours. After she was done with the red, I told her we were taking a break. She was getting a little confused and would get me confused. So, there were a couple times we had to just stop and think about how to do the work. Mom was getting flustered when we did the red fabric. We will finish this up next week and then pin the pattern to the fabric. Once that is done, we can cut it. More steps to go. I don't know how Nancy Chong gets her tops done all by herself! That's a LOT of work. But then again, it's a little fun to do. 

I then headed to Nancy's around 2:30. Dropped off some stuff. Picked up a quilt. Chatted for about a half hour and then headed to the museum. Arrived at the Veterans Memorial Museum and took out the 12 quilts I had to drop off. I was having to fold the quilts and get them ready. Looking for pillow cases to go with the quilts. THEN I had to rearrange the stacks because someone moved quilts around. I had stuff in the wrong stacks. Once I fixed that, I loaded the quilt in the right stacks. I had one quilt I know was meant for someone that Kristi made. I will check with her on the 1st. I found 2 quilts that didn't have labels, so that came home with me. One of them is the one I got from the church. One of the volunteers at the museum wanted an application for a quilt. I pulled it out and another volunteer asked for the form, so I had to go and get another one. 

Came home and sat down for about 10 mins before I had to start supper. More standing! Got supper done. My washing machine stared without me turning it on. Patrick has been working on fixing that. 

Next it was time to FINALLY sit. Oh, but I had to get the envelopes done for bowling Sunday! I also had to get the USBC cards in the envelopes. Worked on that and getting the team captain information as well. One thing after another. It took a good hour to get most of that done. 

NOW was the time to sit down. Patrick asked if I was going to do my exercises (just asked) and I told him I would think about it....NOT. Now the day is over and my back is telling me it didn't care to be spending the whole day standing! I'm ready to call it done!

BUT HEY, I was Happy Quilting/Happy Stitching!!


 

No comments:

Enjoyed Time With Mom

This morning, I was up and playing my game by 6:30 am. I slept really well and when I woke, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even when I wan...